Okay, I know I just wrote a post about all the non-fiction books I need to finish, but I came across #TheReadingQuest challenge hosted by Read at Midnight and I’m so keen to join! I’ve never participated in a reading challenge before (partly because I’m new to this book blogging scene) and I’d really like to finish a few fiction books that have been lying around in my TBR pile, so I’m pretty excited.
I’ll be taking the mage path, with the following books:
- The first book of a series: The Lies of Locke Lamora (Scott Lynch)
- A book set in a different world: Goldenhand (Garth Nix)
- A book based on mythology: American Gods (Neil Gaiman)
- A book that contains magic: The Hero of the Ages (Brandon Sanderson)
- A book with a one word title: Haven (Joel Shepherd)
The last two books are quite hefty and I’ve got about a month to get through them all (the challenge runs from the 13th August to the 10th September!), so I probably won’t get around to doing another class path. But just in case, here are some of the sidequests I might be doing:
- Mini-Game (Read a graphic novel, novella or poem collection): Monstresss Vol 2: The Blood (Marjorie Lu)
- Respawn (Read a book you previously DNF): The Blue Sword (Robin McKinley)
And I’ll probably be going through my non-fiction TBRs (as listed in the previous post) as well, though I’m pretty sure they can’t count for this challenge.
Oh and there is a point system too, so I’ll keep track at the end of each post. So now at the start I am at: Level 1 | 10EXP | 10HP